Pastebin was launched in 2002 and provided an excellent place for people to share plain text. The software was so good in fact, that many other websites offering similar services have popped up since, creating a little more competition. Even so, Pastebin remains as one of the most popular options for sharing source code, an alternative to sites like Google Docs and more.
We’re going to take a closer look into some of the alternative options out there and how they hold up against the fantastic site that is Pastebin.
Pastebin vs Pastelink
While there are many similarities between Pastebin and Pastelink, there are also several things that set them apart from each other. For example, while Pastebin is generally a better site for sharing codes and cloud computing, Pastelink is the best option for sharing links.
Pastelink might not be used as commonly for coding needs, but it’s a similar service on surface-level; providing individuals with a place to post text. The main difference is that Pastelink makes it far easier to do this, as well as allows you to shorten and monetize links, which can be beneficial in several ways.
Essentially, if you’re looking to add an advert to a link, make your links shorter, or simply find a place to store backlinks for your website, this could be the best Pastebin alternative. While most users would choose Pastebin for being a generally good option for sharing source code, there’s no doubt that Pastelink is a great alternative for everything else it has to offer.
While you can make clickable links on Pastebin, you’re likely to find that Pastelink is the better choice for these services.
JustPaste.it vs Pastelink
Similar to both Pastebin and Pastelink, JustPaste.it is a site that can allow you to paste text and distribute it through a link.
One of the benefits that come with using this particular platform for your text/link sharing needs is that it allows users to paste their text with ease and get a link to share without needing to sign up. There are a few more good features, like the fact that it works with right to left languages, and that it supports video and images.
While similar to Pastelink, there aren’t as many features specific to link sharing on JustPaste.it, so if you’re hoping to share and even monetize your pastes, this might not be the best choice. It also doesn’t have a search feature and doesn’t have any way to stop users from returning to post messages, which is another area in which some users might find Pastelink to be a better option.
Why choose Pastelink?
There are quite a few reasons why you might want to consider checking out Pastelink; here are a few of the features that you should keep in mind:
- You can use this tool free of charge, anonymously, with no need to sign in (unless you want to access some of the other features of the site, like monetizing links, for example)
- You can link your pages together by giving them a 40 character passcode for security, again, allowing you to do what you need without having to sign up
- Adding links is easy and instant; just put the address in and you’re good to go
- You’ll be able to remove all text that isn’t a part of the link and add a custom URL to your post
- If you want to make a little extra money, you could monetize your links for a small amount of cash
Essentially, you’ll find that this website makes it easy to share a file or text. Alongside other advantages like link shortening and ads, it might be the perfect platform for you. Many people use this site to put a quick advert before a media download, backlinks for their website, or even a place to store affiliate links and referral codes.
Other Pastebin alternatives
While we’ve already mentioned 3 popular options, there are quite a few other alternative websites out there that you could check out. Ranging from Hastebin to Ghostbin, there are plenty of different providers out there. Pastebin was one of the first of its kind and Pastelink was revolutionary in how it allows users to share links, which is why these two are generally some of the most worthwhile out there.
What’s the best option for you?
The decision is up to you and includes a good think about what you’re looking for. These options certainly have some features in common, but they also have unique aspects which set them apart from each other.
- If you want to share source code and aren’t bothered about links, Pastebin might be the best choice
- If you want a simple and easy to use text sharing platform, perhaps you’ll like JustPaste.it
- For a website that allows for sharing links and monetizing your paste while also being easy to use and secure, you might be interested in Pastelink