20 September 2018
The following links have been compiled by Travis Statham ->
* The Carnivore Diet for Mankind - HD - Star - Emoji Advice of what to eat / drink, Polls, Podcasts, Books - Zoom in to see the small text in this HD photo https://i.redd.it/qftzcf3if4k11.png
Homo Carnivorus - Part 1 : https://i.redd.it/xnmqrewisd221.png
Homo Carnivorus - Part 2 : https://i.redd.it/z7vjpfcksd221.png
StarChart - https://i.redd.it/789n61b45e221.png
CarnivoreDietAdvice - https://i.redd.it/31ud3dj65e221.png
Podcasts - https://i.redd.it/0rw60z785e221.png
Books - https://i.redd.it/k0074of95e221.png
Polls - https://i.redd.it/yqeribea5e221.png
Insulin Resistance - Ted Naiman: https://i.redd.it/bopa6pxc5e221.jpg
The following are internet links to helpful resources that helped me become a facultative carnivore - or somebody who feels best eating only meat, cheese, eggs, and coffee.
I'm a moderator at
https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/ (40k+ subscribers)
https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/ (60k+ subscribers)
And new subreddits I've created and hope to grow:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StopEatingFiber (needs work)
I suggest making a Reddit account and subscribing and contributing your thoughts and comments as they concern ketogenic dieting and science.
I'm also a moderator at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldcarnivoretribe/ . -We've grown to nearly 23,000 members in just one year!! Join up to see what's going on!
Other Popular Carnivore Facebook Groups:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/zioh2/ - Zeroing In On Health
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PrincipiaCarnivora/ - Principia Carnivora
https://www.facebook.com/groups/160488851347176/ - 100% Carnivore...and Beyond!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1685052231589351/ - Carnivore Paleolithic Ketogenic Diet Support Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/482045862179951/ - Carnivore/Keto Diet
My Media Appearances:
(5 minute video)
While the meat-only dieting trend known as "carnivory" has exploded in popularity, some doctors warn that there are potential long-term health risks to eating only meat every day.
Proponents of the "carnivory" lifestyle, such as Travis Statham of New York, tout benefits of the diet such as weight loss and muscle gain.
Followers of the movement solely consume meat -- no fruit, no vegetables, no carbs. Their argument is loosely based on the idea that cavemen ate only meat as part of their diet.
Statham told "Good Morning America" that he even consumes meat raw. "The hard part is raw takes a little more chewing," he said. Statham says eating solely meat helped him to eliminate cravings, shed pounds and build muscle.
Travis Statham, a software engineer at Foursquare, the New York location-app maker, is a moderator on the zerocarb Reddit group and spends hours a week monitoring it to keep it free of harassment. Each week the group blocks three to four vegans who try to convert members to veganism or post “snide” comments about new observational studies they say debunk the carnivore diet. Statham said members just want to discuss their experiences in peace. “We do this because the science convinces us and not because we’re trying to make the freshest cult on the block,” Statham said.
In 2012, Travis Statham had just graduated from college when he decided to get rid of the gut he’d been carrying around for years.
After reading “Good Calories, Bad Calories” by Gary Taubes, he started eating a low-carb, high-fat ketogenic (aka keto) diet and shed 15 pounds from his original 175-pound weight.
But, after six years of limiting his diet to protein and vegetables, he started to wonder why he should bother with greens. After all, it was beef that really satiated his hunger.
“I had been cooking … lots of steaks and burgers, but then I’d add a salad, or I’d try to add broccoli,” he says. “I never quite understood why vegetables were good for me.”
So, last January, Statham stopped eating veggies and now only eats meat. He skips breakfast. Lunch is typically a burger patty from McDonald’s or Schnipper’s Quality Kitchen. Dinner is a pound and a half of steak. The only plant-based thing he consumes is coffee, and he says he’s never felt better. By eating pure protein, he says he can maintain his 6-foot-2 frame at his preferred weight of 155 pounds.
“Humans were healthy however many thousands of years ago, just like animals in the wild, but somehow we lost our way,” says Statham, a 29-year-old software developer living in Park Slope. “When you really become fat-adapted you will feel complete bliss. Your body is in its primal perfection state.”
Travis Statham, a New York-based software engineer and admin for several online communities dedicated to carnivory, will sometimes eat four to six quarter-pounder burger patties from McDonald’s for lunch.In Statham’s view, vegans who are concerned about the slaughtering of cows are not thinking about the “monoculture of giant machines killing mice and other animals” in the fields used to grow crops, the displacement of wild animals that used to occupy farm land, or the spraying of herbicides and pesticides.
* https://hvmn.com/podcast/from-keto-to-carnivore-ft-travis-statham-episode-90 - A podcast episode with HVMN
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I318bqHdc5A - KetOMAD - Travis and Stephanie (post GMA interview)
* https://mysugarfreejourney.com/the-my-sugar-free-journey-podcast-episode-95-travis-statham/ - My Sugar Free Journey
* http://www.carnivorecast.com/podcast/travis - Carnivore Cast - Episode 4
WIKI LINKS on REDDIT
* [Index - Booklist] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/index
* [Fiber - optional, not beneficial, possibly harmful] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/fiber
* [Cholesterol - Debunked Boogeyman] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/cholesterol
* [Cancer - Metabolic Disease Reversed w/ Keto] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/cancer
* [Type 2 Diabetes - Reversible intolerance to carbohydrates(WIP)] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/t2dm
* [Type 1 Diabetes - Autoimmune helped with VLCKD(WIP)] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/t1dm
* [Saturated Fat] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/saturatedfat
* [Protein - GlucoNeoGenesis] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/protein
* [Omega 6 Polyunsaturated Toxic Processed Seed Oils] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/vegoil
* [Ketone Bodies (WIP)] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/ketone
* [Ketoscience Short Guide to doing keto stressfree] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/guide
* [Recommended Medical Tests - Lipids, Blood, Urine] https://www.reddit.com/r/ketoscience/wiki/tests
* [Zerocarb - Plants - Optional - Potentially harmful] https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/wiki/plants
* [Zerocarb - FAQ] https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/wiki/faq
* [Zerocarb - Human Evolution] https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/wiki/evolution
* [Zerocarb - Index] https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/wiki/index
* [Zerocarb - How To] https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/wiki/how-to
* [Zerocarb - Vitamins and Minerals] https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/wiki/vitamins
Top 10 Recommended Books
1. [Eat Rich, Live Long: Mastering the Low-Carb & Keto Spectrum for Weight Loss and Longevity Paperback – February 27, 2018 by Ivor Cummins, Dr. Jeffry Gerber] https://www.amazon.com/Eat-Rich-Live-Long-Mastering/dp/1628602732
2. [Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes (2008, 911 reviews, 4.5 stars)] https://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-Bad-Controversial-Science/dp/1400033462
3. [The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz (2014, 890 reviews, 4.6 stars] https://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Surprise-Butter-Healthy/dp/1451624433/
4. [Lore of Nutrition by Tim Noakes (2017, 8 reviews, 5 stars)] https://www.amazon.com/Lore-Nutrition-Challenging-conventional-dietary-ebook/dp/B076P8N9VH/
5. [The Fat of the Land by Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1956, 7 reviews, 4.5 stars)] https://www.amazon.com/Fat-Land-Vilhjalmur-Stefansson-ebook/dp/B01M6A2WTF
6. [Lies My Doctor Told Me: Medical Myths That Can Harm Your Health by Ken D Berry MD] https://www.amazon.com/Lies-My-Doctor-Told-Me-ebook/dp/B077H3RPLV/
7. [Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer by Thomas Seyfried (2010, 90 reviews, 4.3 stars)] https://www.amazon.com/Cancer-Metabolic-Disease-Management-Prevention/dp/0470584920
8. [Pure, White, and Deadly: How Sugar Is Killing Us and What We Can Do to Stop It by John Yudkin, Robert H. Lustig (1972, 130 reviews, 4.6 stars)] https://www.amazon.com/Pure-White-Deadly-Sugar-Killing/dp/0143125184/
9. [The Alzheimer's Antidote: Using a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet to Fight Alzheimer’s Disease, Memory Loss, and Cognitive Decline by Amy Berger, Perlmutter MD(2017, 57 reviews, 4.7 stars)] https://www.amazon.com/Alzheimers-Antidote-Low-Carb-High-Fat-Cognitive-ebook/dp/B06XTXLP2N/
10. [The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally by Jason Fung] https://www.amazon.com/Diabetes-Code-Prevent-Reverse-Naturally/dp/1771642653/
Quick Useful Websites to know:
https://justmeat.co - Michael Goldstein @bitstein
https://meat.health/ - Kevin Stock
https:///meatheals.com - N=1 Anecdotes (@bitstein and @sbakermd run it)
http://www.empiri.ca/p/eat-meat-not-too-little-mostly-fat.html - L Amber O'Hearn
http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/ - Dr Georgia Ede
Youtube Content Creators
Low Carb Down Under
Primal Edge Health
Dr. Eric Berg DC
Dr. Darren Schmidt
Physicians for Ancestral Health
Public Health Collaboration
Human Performance Outliers (Dr. Shawn Baker and Zach Bitter)
BioHackers Lab (has video)
Low Carb Cardiologist with Dr. Bret Scher
Diet Doctor Podcast (has video)
Dr. Peter Attia - The Drive
2 Keto Dudes
The Keto Savage
Low Carb MD
pastelink.net/goosDisable Third Party Ads